Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why it's Grease Stove Top!

Gogogogogogogogo. Ok. My title references are getting pretty bad -I'll admit it. This evening was spent cleaning, you guessed it, our stove top. I didn't think it would be exciting enough to warrant a before and after, but I decided to take some photos anyway.

Our friend, Construction Dave, lent me the headlamp because our kitchen light doesn't work and it was dark.

Not to totally gross you out, but just to give you an idea, the trashbag's contents, (minus the bottle of Sam Adams Summer Ale, the destroyed grout brush, and the gloves,) were all found in and around the stove top, grease drips and all.

It still needs a little bit of work, but I didn't have any oven cleaner because Mark went through three, that's right three cans on the oven. Three cans well spent though.


In other news, asbestos was abated this morning, and HVAC install begins on Thursday. The pink bathroom demo starts tomorrow and I'm super excited! Hopefully I'll get some photos of Mark taking swings with a sledgehammer...

No comments: