Monday, October 18, 2010

While you were fishing...

Mark went out of town this past weekend on a hiking and fishing trip with his work buddies and much to his surprise (and hopefully not dismay) I made some decor adjustments to the lily pad.

First, I started that family photo gallery I mentioned a few weeks ago. I love it so far. I plan to sprinkle in more objects and add photos over time.

It's hard to see in the photo, but that 8x10 frame is the color version of Mark as a toddler standing next to the grill of a Rolls, with a license plate that reads "MGB WEST" like the one on the lower right. The black and white one is a photo of my Grandmother shortly after the Holocaust and her chopping off her long honey blonde hair. Cliff and Griffin are missing from the wall -I just need to get some photos printed.

The next project I tackled was supposed to be hanging a wooden ledge in our master bath. 5 giant holes, 2 broken wall anchors, 1 broken screw head, and a blood blister later, I was over it. Instead, I relocated some framed photos that Tali took from the hallway to our bathroom. I wish I had done that to begin with. It looks great, and it helps tie in some additional color. The photo above the toilet is also strategically hiding the evidence of my failed attempt.

It's hard to tell, but the towels are a dark eggplant purple.

I also did some seasonal decorating with fake spider webs, a ceramic pumpkin, witch's cauldron, and painted carnations (I got this idea from Young House Love and just so happened to have some still living from an otherwise dead arrangement). Photos of that to come...

No comments: