Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm kind of a slob sometimes...

A good chunk of my day on Saturday was spent cleaning my closet. While I'm far from a hoarder, I'm perfectly content with a hidden mess. Our house usually stays pretty clean and organized, as long as you stay out of the office (where my closet resides).

Up until this weekend, the office looked like an episode of Hoarders. -And not because I'm a hoarder. I know. First stage is denial, right? Well I seriously am not. I swear. The office had just become an easy dumping ground for all of my crafty wedding stuff (tissue paper, pink wagon, shoes, bridesmaids gifts, the list goes on). Plus all of the mail, magazines, and other need-to-file crap that I thought looked okay as long as it was neatly stacked. Neatly stacked... I wonder how many hoarders say that about their collections. Mark finally deemed an intervention appropriate. It was necessary. He even offered to help and create some overflow temporary storage for all of the wedding stuff.

Well we did it folks. I no longer have to keep the office door closed! Once I was done, the last thing I wanted to do was take an "after" photo. I was burned out. So I'll leave you with a couple of befores. These only show one side of my ridiculous mess, but I assure you the other side was no better. I'll try to post the afters soon.




No comments: